Monday 14 January 2013

Hedgehog Poetry

I  was recently tidying my book shelves and rediscovered a book a friend had given me last year called Prickly Poems. As you may have guessed from the title it is a collection of hedgehog themed poems. As I flicked through its pages I was reminded of some of my favourite poems. So I've decided to share some of them with you.

I hope you enjoy!

Luv Poem by Benjamin Zephaniah

The Mower by Philip Larkin

In Defence of Hedgehogs by Pam Ayres - why not listen to this poem being read by the poet 

Hedgehog by Paul Muldoon - why not listen to this poem being read by the poet

Hedgehogs in the Garden by Angela Wybrow

There was another poem I wanted to share called Hedgehog by Spike Milligan. However I've been unable to track down a copy online. As it's in copyright I can't share it in full here but if you'd like to read it then why not track down a copy of Prickly Poems (although out of print there are second hand copies available).  

I hope you enjoy these poems and if you have a favourite hoggie themed poem please share the link OR if you've written your own please feel free to share.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, I thought you might like my latest Poem collection - it has one in it about a Hedgehog ( a Hedgehog's tale ). poemblog18.blogspot.com best wishes, Mark.

    ReplyDelete